Thank you for your interest in fostering our rescued Danes! We look forward to getting to know you better through the application below. A volunteer will reach out to you once your application is submitted.
Please note, each adult in your home needs to be approved to foster and therefore must fill out the application form below. In order to become a UMGDR foster volunteer you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age. If you are under the age of 18, contact us and we can provide you with additional information and a consent form for your parents/guardians to sign.
- Have verifiable identification (i.e. driver’s license).
- Have two positive personal references.
- Have a positive reference from your current veterinarian.
- Pass a home visit by a UMGDR volunteer.
- Be able and willing to cover the day-to-day expenses of caring for a Dane. (UMGDR covers all medical and training expenses, provided they have been approved by the Board of Directors.)